1. Information published on ebitcoin.org
The website https://ebitcoin.org (hereinafter, referred to as the “Website”) provides information, content, and material of a general nature. One is not obliged, nor should they feel obligated to rely on the Website for legal advice, business advice, or any advice of any kind. One is acting at their own risk with regard to the content and information provided by the Website. Should one decide to act or not act, they are strongly encouraged to contact a licensed attorney for any desired and/ or necessary advisement in the relevant jurisdiction (country) in which they reside. In no way are the owners of, or contributors to, the Website responsible for the actions, decisions, or other behavior taken or not taken by users with regard to content provided by the Website.
The Website content primarily contains translations of the English language. Translations to various other languages are provided only as a convenience. In the event of any conflict between the English version and the translated version, the English version shall take precedence. If one would notice any inconsistencies, they are strongly advised to report them to email@example.com.
3. Risks related to the use of eBitcoin (eBTC)
The Website, or its owners, will not be responsible for any losses, damages, or claims arising from events falling within the scope of the following seven categories:
(1) eBitcoin (eBTC) should never be held or stored in centralized or decentralized token exchanges. Token Exchanges are defined as “Exchanges” for a reason. They are a location to exchange tokens. They are not defined as a short-term or long-term storage medium or facility.
(2) Mistakes made by the user of any eBitcoin-related software or service, e.g. forgotten passwords, payments sent to wrong Ethereum addresses, and accidental deletion of wallets.
(3) The use of eBitcoin (eBTC) itself could lead to loss of money and/ or value over short or long periods of time. Users of eBitcoin (eBTC) should expect value to experience major volatility at any given time. The information published on the Website cannot guarantee that users of eBitcoin (eBTC) will not lose value.
(4) Software problems of the Website and/or any eBitcoin-related software or service, e.g. corrupted wallet file, incorrectly constructed transactions, unsafe cryptographic libraries, malware affecting the Website, and/or any eBitcoin-related software or service.
(5) Technical failures in the hardware of the user working with any eBitcoin-related software or service, e.g. data loss due to a faulty or damaged storage device.
(6) Security problems experienced by the user of any eBitcoin-related software or service, e.g. unauthorized access to users’ wallets and/or accounts.
(7) Actions or inactions of third parties and/or events experienced by third parties, e.g. bankruptcy of service providers, information security attacks on service providers, and fraud conducted by third parties.
4. Compliance with tax obligations
The users of the Website are solely responsible to determine what, if any, taxes apply to their eBitcoin or Ether transactions and/or profits. The owners of, or contributors to, the Website are NOT responsible in any way for determining the applicable taxes that apply to eBitcoin (eBTC) and Ether transactions or profits.
5. The Website does not store, send, or receive eBitcoins (eBTC) or Ether
The Website does not store, send or receive eBitcoins (eBTC). This is because eBitcoins (eBTC) exist only by virtue of the ownership record maintained in the Ethereum network. Any transfer of title in eBitcoins (eBTC) occurs within a decentralized Ethereum network, and not on the Website.
6. No warranties
The Website is provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind regarding the Website and/or any content, data, materials, and/or services provided on the Website.
7. Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise required by law, in no event shall the owners of, or contributors to, the Website be liable for any damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of the Website.
The user of the Website agrees to arbitrate any dispute arising from or in connection with the Website or this disclaimer, except for disputes related to copyrights, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade secrets or patents.
9. Last amendment
This disclaimer was amended for the last time on February 5th, 2018.